Nutrition Counseling FAQs
1. Are we a good fit? There’s only one way to find out. Contact me so we can discuss your needs.
2. Where are you located? I live in a small town called Milford in Connecticut. I work with clients locally in my Connecticut office, but also work with clients virtually all over the world!
3. Who is this program for? This program is for women who want to lose weight and feel confident in their own skin, without fad diets and rigid rules. This program is for someone who is looking for a sustainable plan that is tailored to them, and who is motivated and ready to make the necessary changes to get there.
4. Who is this program not for? This program is not for women who are looking for a quick-fix weight loss plan or a diet with strict rules. This program is not for those who do not want to put in the effort to see real changes.
5. Do you take insurance? I currently accept Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Cigna, Connecticare, and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Plans. I am in the process of accepting additional insurances for local clients. Always check with your individual insurance company to know your coverage. I also accept health savings and flexible spending accounts as well as credit and debit cards.
6. What does the program cost? Your initial 60-minute comprehensive is $250 and 45-minute follow-up sessions are $125. The program is structured so that we meet bi-weekly for a minimum of 3 months.
7. How do I know if I’m ready to commit or make changes? If you feel afraid of failing or not losing weight, this is completely normal! If you’ve had past attempts to lose weight and they didn’t work for you, that does not mean you failed. It simply means you have not yet found a system or way of eating that works for you.If your past diet plans did not address the root cause of your eating habits – they likely did not lead to sustainable results. In my program, we get to the root of the problem and create a plan that results in healthier coping mechanisms so you don’t revert back to old habits. Change is always scary and you may never feel 100% ready – but if you feel almost ready the time is now! I’ll coach you through every step of the way to reduce your fears.
8. What happens after the 3 months? Does this program have an expiration date? We will work together as long as needed to help you meet your goals! The process of weight loss and creating sustainable habits takes time, and therefore my program does not have a time stamp.
I work with many of my clients for 3, 6, or 9 months. My most successful clients are fully committed and are patient with their progress throughout their journey. I also offer a monthly maintenance program for when you feel you no longer need as much accountability or support.