Look no further – I’ve got you covered with recipes, tips, and inspiration.
Whether you are doing the hosting or are visiting family, check out my list of dietitian-approved recipes below that are delicious, healthy, and even more importantly, EASY! When you have little ones you only have so much time and let’s be real – you have to modify your complicated recipes that you made pre-kids to maintain your sanity. And that’s OKAY! I do it too. So read on. 🙂
Pork Tenderloin with Honey Balsamic Glaze
Make-Ahead Mushroom Sausage Stuffing
Roasted Lemon Pepper Asparagus
Epic Kale Salad with Walnuts, Grapes, & Blue Cheese
Make-Ahead Green Bean Casserole
No-Bake Chocolate-Dipped Pumpkin Cookies
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Tips to make things easier leading up to the big day
- Anything you can make in advance is a huge bonus. If things go awry with the kiddos on the holiday, then you have most of your prep work DONE. Take advantage of early mornings, nap times, and nighttime depending on when you have the most energy. Listen to holiday music while you’re doing it so it’s fun and doesn’t feel like a chore.
- Enlist help with the kids. Ask your significant other/family to help entertain the kids so you can focus.
- Timers are your friend!! Set them for EVERYTHING so if you do get distracted and pulled from the kitchen, you won’t burn anything.
- Decrease the amount of your everyday cooking leading up to the holiday. Lower your expectations during this time. Pull meals you previously made from the freezer or try these no-cook options. This will save you energy and time when you’re trying to prep in advance. Don’t try to do it all.
- If you’re hosting, assign family members to bring something (preferably something that is going to make your life easier, like a more time consuming meal).
- If you are really pressed for time and things don’t go as planned, skip the baking and buy pre-made! This is a time in your life when fancy cooking and baking is just not a priority – get rid of that pressure we all put on ourselves. You can put them on a fancy holiday plate and pretend you made them. I won’t tell anyone. 😉
Have a safe and wonderful holiday!!