How often do you eat breakfast? Do you find yourself in a breakfast rut? Are you often waiting too long because you don’t have time and you end up starving mid-morning?
Breakfast remains one of the most important meals of the day, but many times if you don’t have something prepared ahead or have good options on hand, you may not think to eat until you’re starving and it’s already time for lunch. If you’re pregnant or a breastfeeding mama, your energy and a good breakfast is vital. But it does not and should not be a complex meal!
Here are 5 simple ideas to mix up your breakfast routine:
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into bite-sized balls and lay out on a non-stick cookie sheet. Place in freezer and store at least an hour or overnight. Transfer to a large ziplock bag and store in the fridge. Serving size – 2 cups. Enjoy!
Mini Egg Souffles
- 12 large eggs – preferably organic & DHA fortified
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, veggies, and cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers in refrigerator up to 4 days. Serving size – 2 souffles.
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup fresh kale or spinach
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Serve immediately. Pour into a cup with a cover and straw to take to go or drink while you’re holding baby!
Cottage Cheese & Fruit
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fruit of your choice (grapes, pears, mango, peaches go well
- 1 tbsp honey
Mix honey into cottage cheese and top with your favorite fruit. So satisfying and no cooking required!
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 ripe avocado
Cut avocado in half, scoop out pit. Stuff avocado with hard boiled egg. Season with salt & pepper or Trader Joe’s everythingbutthebagel seasoning blend. Eat with a spoon. It will leave you feeling full for hours!
Decided to make one of these? Let me know how you liked them!